Outside Agencies


King’s is committed to providing outstanding pastoral support for all its pupils. This can sometimes mean that expert advice, guidance or intervention may be required in order to assist an individual reaching their potential. 

How is this support accessed?

There are a number of ways of identifying and requesting support from outside agencies:

  • Through a direct referral to an agency by one of the Pastoral Team: Heads of House, Director of Sixth Form and Assistant Headteacher
  • Observations at school can lead to discussions about an individual at the King’s Inclusion Meeting. Professionals that attend this meeting are; the educational psychologist, the educational social worker, the inclusion support and development teacher, the SENCO, a member of the school health team, a Progress Manager and a member of CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service). This meeting is led and co-ordinated by Mr J Davies, Acting Assistant Headteacher.
  • In some cases, a self referral by a student can occur
  • A direct referral to the agency by a parent or by a doctor
  • Or request to school by a parent / pupil to the Pastoral Team or child’s Tutor

What Agencies are there?

There are many agencies available to young people in King’s. 

  •      Educational Social Worker
  •      Educational Psychologist
  •      Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
  •      Inclusion Support and Development Teacher (ISDT)
  •      Army Welfare Service (AWS)
  •      British Forces Social Work Service (BFSWS)
  •      School Health Team
  •      Relate

How will this support take place?

After the decision to refer, in most cases, parents will be asked to sign a referral form for the relevant agency. The agency requested will then contact you, your child and notify school. A meeting will then be arranged which usually takes place in a designated comfortable meeting room at school. There is regular feedback with parents from the agency involved and cases are confidentially discussed at the King’s Inclusion Meetings to ensure a consistent and strategic approach to the young person within school.

What other support is available?

  • Students have access to the Health Clinic located at the Mansergh Health Centre (adjacent to King’s School) every Monday to confidentially discuss personal, sexual and health related issues 
  • Smoking cessation classes run by the school health team are available to anyone who wants help to quit smoking
  • There are a number of different workshops aimed at groups of vulnerable young people who may be experiencing anxiety or difficulties socially and emotionally for what ever reason. These are run by the School Health Team:  the Senior Educational Social Work Practitioner, the Educational Psychologist and supported by our dedicated pastoral support workers and learning support assistants, including two specialised mentors.
  • 6th Form Students offer a drop in service at lunchtime once a week to any pupils that just need a chat or advice, but don’t really want to talk to an adult