How will King's School support my child during transition to and from other schools?


At King’s School we recognise that transitions can be a difficult time for students particularly those with SEND and take steps to ensure that any transition is as smooth as possible.

Moving to King’s from the UK

  • All students moving to King’s with SEND must register with CEAS (Children’s Education Advisory Service) prior to accepting a posting to Germany. You can contact them at: Children’s Education Advisory Service, Building 190, Trenchard Lines, Uphaven, Wiltshire, SN9 6BE. Telephone: 01980 618244,Mil: 94344 x8244, email:
  • An SEND enquiry will be carried out by the Area Special Needs Officer to ascertain whether a child’s needs can be met in an SCE school.
  • When you arrive, it is important that we find out as much as possible about your son/ daughter, so that the transition into King’s is as smooth as possible. Therefore we ask parents to bring copies of any reports, National Curriculum Assessments, Progress Files and individual educational plans with them to the admissions appointment. This will ensure we can meet your child’s needs as soon as they arrive at school.

If your child is moving to another school:

  • We will contact the school SENCO and ensure that he/she knows about any special arrangements or support that needs to be made for your child.
  • We will make sure that all records about your child are passed on as soon as possible electronically and by post.

Moving into Year 7:

  • The school Senco visits all Primary schools to discuss the specific needs of your child with both the year 6 teacher and the Primary school SENCO.
  • In addition to the regular school visits arranged for all students, Children with SEND are invited to visit the school prior to the arranged visits to support their understanding of the changes ahead and get them used to the school setting.